The EDM process is basic and simple in one operation and then intricate and complex in another. One machine can blast out the metal while another can cut to the highest tolerances. Sometimes you have to do both on the same machine and that’s why you should know what the best available EDM machines are in the industry.
Featured Machine: CS-20 Manual RAM EDM
The CS-20 Manual RAM EDM is an economical, rugged, and compact floor-standing machine tool. Its audible edge find and dither controls enable fast, accurate workpiece set-ups.It’s work piece capacity is 500 pounds and it has a precision cast iron XY table with Turcite lined dovetail ways. The CS-20 Manual RAM EDM also has higher metal removal rates and is exceptional with both graphite and metallic electrodes. Below are some additional features the CS-20 Manual EDM has to offer:
- Rigid cast iron quill-type ram with 6.375×4″ platen to accept a V-block or precision tooling
- High-response AC servo and ballscrew drive
- Dial indicator infeed device,.001″ resolution, depth limit stop and auto- matic ram retract cycle
- High-flow dielectric fluid system in- cluding reservoir, pump and 5 micron filter
- Flushing controls for pressure, worktank bypass and fluid level
- Fluid level safety switch, transparent worktank door and guards with gap power interlock
- High-performance 32-peak amp H-pulse power supply (64-peak amp optional)
- Ammeter and percent on-time/efficiency meters
- Automatic DC arc protection system with Gap Monitor LED
- Ram cycler provides automatic retract/advance movement for blind cavity flushing
For more information about the CS-20 Manual RAM EDM please visit HansvedtEDM.com
Hansvedt is committed to providing you with innovative designs, highest quality products, comprehensive training and dedicated customer service to help optimize your EDM investment. Hansvedt’s broad product line includes a wide variety of machine sizes, metal removal rates and automation to fit any application.
Our goal at Hansvedt EDM is to provide you with the highest level of quality service, promptly, and at rates affordable rates. Our Fast Response Team has been doing this for many years. We enjoy the work and are satisfied only when the job is done right. We’ve built this company on those ideals and our reputation is our badge.
Hansvedt EDM is the fastest responding EDM service organization you will find. Many times we can help customers over the phone isolate a problem to a board or component, but when problems are more severe, we can make a flying trip right to your doorstep. Really, we have our own private plane and we’re not afraid to use it! Some customers prefer to ship their equipment to us for repair at our facility where we have test fixtures, machines, parts inventory and a huge technical library. Our normal in-house repair turnaround time is two weeks.
Hansvedt is a full service manufacturer of ram and wire EDM systems for tool and die shops, mold shops and plants of any size.
About the Author
HansvedtEDM.com is a full service manufacturer of ram and wire EDM systems for tool and die shops, mold shops and plants of any size.